The main goals of this workshop are
- to provide an overview of the ongoing projects at the VST, approved during the the first two calls from the INAF allocation time, i.e. in 2022 and 2023
- to trigger the discussion on the imminent call (~May 2024), which will open the VST observing time to large, multi-cycle programs.
The workshop will take place, in person, at the Auditorium Nazionale INAF-Astronomical Observatory of Capodimonte, on April 16-17-18 2024. Remote attendance is also possible.
The workshop will focus on the following topics:
- progress report on the data acquisition, data reduction, analysis, and publications from the ongoing VST projects
- open discussion to collect feedback from users (on the operations and user support)
- ingestion of the VST reduced data into the ESO science archive
- presentation of the next call (~in May 2024) & discussion on the large, multi-cycle projects
- discussion on the planned and new instrument developments to be implemented at the VST
for further details see: https://vst.inaf.it/vst-workshop-2024